Give Kids A Smile “Protocol” for All Volunteers
The purpose of this protocol is to ensure the safety of all children as well as all volunteers participating in the two day dental clinic. Volunteers play a very important role in the child’s positive experience with GKAS. You are the reason our clinics are successful.
7:00 am - 7:30 am
Continental breakfast provided during this time.
- Dental personnel are asked to wear their normal scrubs. They will be issued a theme shirt for the clinic.
- Ambassadors (lay volunteers) are asked to wear causal dress pants or nice jeans. They will be issued a theme shirt for the clinic.
- Upon entering the facility notify the GKAS administrative staff of your presence. Proceed up the stairs to “Volunteer Check-in”.
- All Volunteers must check-in, wear a name badge and clinic theme shirt.
- Volunteers must attend any orientation for their assigned areas.
- When in doubt ask your Team Leader or the nearest GKAS Administrative Staff.
- You will receive 3 hours of CE credit for each day you work at the clinic.
- Pick up your Continuing Education Credit paperwork at the Volunteer Check-in/Check-out table on the 2nd floor when you checkout.
- Sterilization for all instrumentation is provided throughout the day. Check with your floor team leader about those procedures.
St. Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education
3320 Rutger Street
St. Louis, MO 63104
Covered parking garage on Rutgers St.
Personal items such as purses should be left at home or locked in your car.
Will be provided.